How To Choose a Laptop for Work and Study?
When choosing a personal laptop, the user faces a daunting task. You need to buy a laptop that meets all the requirements for performance, mobility, with the best combination of price and quality. The three main types of devices offered by the market – ultra-thin, desktop and transformers – are designed for different tasks. They can work both in professional text and graphic editors.
Choosing a laptop manufacturer
Components are produced by other companies:
- Processors usually from Intel and AMD
- Video cards from Nvidia and AMD
- The main suppliers of hard drives are Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba, Samsung
The manufacturer, whose logo is on the lid, is the collector of all the components into one whole. Its tasks include:
- Providing a stylish case
- High-quality cooling
- Adherence to build quality
- Choice of operating system (or lack thereof)
Choosing a laptop type
The line between the types of laptops is rather arbitrary, but knowing the features will make it easier to choose. A high price is not a guarantee of high reliability. In the absence of proper cooling, overheating inside the powerful device will lead to serious repairs.
To know how to choose a device for work, consider the types of laptops:
- A notebook is a small device with a screen diagonal of 9-12.5 inches. It has low performance and power. Not very popular, prices are similar to the price of a tablet, a regular laptop or an inexpensive Ultrabook. Matebook 14 is one the premium notebooks you can purchase at a reasonable price.Most often they are bought by girls, sometimes students, young people. They pay more attention to compactness, light weight, are ready to sacrifice performance in favor of style. Weak processors are used here.
- Budget or office – the largest group of modern laptops. Manufacturers try to make them virtually silent, with high performance. They are designed for work on the Internet, office programs, and allow you to run simple games. The main feature is that there is no discrete graphics card. This prevents powerful games from being played. The indisputable advantage is reliability and quality. They are bought by office workers, students – who do not need gaming programs.
- Universal – these are devices of great performance. It has all the possibilities of playing modern computer games. They are very convenient for solving office tasks. A serious drawback is strong heating and noise during operation. They are bought by those users who do not want to overpay for gaming qualities, but who are demanding for high performance.
Appearance and characteristics
When choosing a model, they often immediately pay attention to the design solution, then to the technical parameters.
It is best viewed in whole or in part from aluminum. These models are durable and fingerprint-free. Often, they make a plastic case for aluminum. The difference is easily determined – when the product is turned off, the metal will be cold.
Two types of matrices are used – IPS and TN. The first is more expensive, characterized by high-quality color reproduction, viewing from different angles.
Determines the main characteristics – performance, reliability, battery life. It is recommended staying on Intel i3, as well as AMD A6, A8 and A9 series. In addition to the low price, high performance will be a pleasant bonus. In universal products – the processor must be Intel i3, i5.
They can be built-in or discrete. The first option is more economical in terms of price, energy consumption, and allows you to use standard features.
A discrete video card is more expensive, you can work with it in video editors.
Defines the storage of all information during the action. Now install from 2 GB (simple programs and applications). Working models must have at least 4-6 GB of RAM. Professional use requires 16 or 32 GB of RAM. Manufacturers give the opportunity to “get” RAM after purchasing the device.