Gone are the days of bulky computers that take up half a house and require a power plant to power them. Nowadays, portable devices occupy an integral part of the electronic world around us. Today, tablets are appreciated by everyone for their lightness, convenience, beauty, speed of work. They are bought by businessmen, schoolchildren, students, and parents to their young children.
There is a huge variety of models on the market. And it is this variety that confuses potential buyers, because many do not know how to choose a tablet so that it fits in everything. We bring Huawei fit to your attention, a miracle of modern technology where you see almost everything you can get from a smartphone or a tablet.
So, innovation and technology and really made it far off with the regular inventions.
What Is a Tablet and What Is It For?
The tablet is a multifunctional device. In fact, it is a portable computer the size of a thin book, which has almost all the capabilities of a regular computer. What can a modern tablet do?
- Work on the Internet: display web pages and online videos, help communicate on social networks, allows you to receive and send email
- Work with documents: create and edit office documents, use a camera to create electronic copies
- Read e-books in various formats
- Watch photos and videos, listen to music
- Play games
From the listed possibilities, we can conclude that the main purpose of the tablet is to entertain the user. Therefore, it is very important to determine why you need a tablet specifically and choose exactly such a device that would satisfy all your needs and you would not have to regret buying it.
Popular operating systems
The most popular OS, installed on a billion devices and occupying about 60% of the global tablet market. Free distribution, used by various manufacturers. The most popular version is Android 4 with variations (4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4), although new devices may already have version 5 and even 6, which was released quite recently. We advise you to choose a device with Android 4.4 or later.
Pros of the Android operating system:
- Attractive, highly flexible, easily customizable interface. Absolutely everything can be customized to your taste, replace any standard element.
- Compatible with other devices. You can connect the tablet to the computer like a regular USB flash drive, without the need to install auxiliary programs.
- Automatic synchronization with Google services. Having entered your username and password once, you will not configure each program separately. Already built-in are mail, maps, calendar, music, press and so on. In addition, by synchronizing contacts from the phone book with Google, you do not have to worry about their safety. Even if the device is changed, they will be transferred automatically.
- Google Play Store is an online application store where you can find and install many programs, as well as buy books, music, videos, games.
- Since the OS is installed on devices from different manufacturers, you can choose a tablet for any wallet.
Cons of the Android operating system:
- There is no single interface standard, so it may differ from phone manufacturer to phone.
- Gluttony of the tablet. Many programs are constantly running in the background, reducing the battery life of the device.
The company was the first to launch the tablet into mass production. Its operating system is known for its stability, lightness, convenience, and a huge amount of third-party software. It occupies about 30% of the market.
Pros of the iOS operating system:
- Online application store App Store.
- High stability and speed of work.
- Universal interface – the system looks the same on all Apple mobile devices.
- Low energy consumption, therefore, the charge lasts for a long time.
Cons of the iOS operating system:
- Lack of support for memory cards.
- To connect to a computer, you need a special iTunes program installed on it.
- High price. Apple tablets belong to the premium segment and are very expensive, so much fewer buyers can afford them.
The most popular computer system has the smallest market share, only about 10%. This is due to the fact that the company was too late to release a user-friendly system for use on touch screens, and simply cannot win back a large share of the software market. With the release of Windows 10, Microsoft hopes that the situation will change in their favor.
Pros of the Windows operating system:
- Possibilities of an ordinary computer or laptop. You can use familiar programs, some of which have no analogues in other operating systems.
- Identical appearance on all devices.
- Huge selection of programs.
Cons of the Windows operating system:
- Not very compact dimensions, battery life.
- Cheap tablets may have a special version of RT installed, which does not withstand any competition at all, with a limited selection of programs and low popularity.
Basically, tablets with Windows installed can be considered laptops. Especially when you consider the trend in the production of convertible tablets, which can turn into a full-fledged laptop with a few movements when connected to a docking station with a full-size keyboard, an additional battery and connectors.