QuickBooks Error 15106 – Troubleshoot In Simple Steps
Do you suffer from QuickBooks Error 15106 when updating the payroll or software itself? We’re positive that going through this post for once will help you eliminate this error permanently from your system.
The Error Code 15106 indicates a corruption in the update program and when this error appears, the system crashes frequently and prevents users from updating the payroll.
In this informative post, we’ve covered the underlying reasons contributing to the QuickBooks 15106 error and the best remedies for this elusive error. So, let’s begin.
What Factors Lead To QuickBooks 15106 Error?
This troublesome error usually emerges due to network-related issues, however, there are some important factors that lead to QuickBooks Error 15106 emergence including:
- Updating QuickBooks payroll or software without having access to administrative rights.
- The Windows Defender or your Antivirus misidentifying QuickBooks as a risk.
- The User Account Control settings in the system are set up very restrictively.
- When your QuickBooks Installation files get corrupt due to unknown reasons.
- Outdated updates of Windows on your PC.
- Damaged QuickBooks Updates.
How to Effectively Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15106?
Once the reason behind the QuickBooks 15106 error is discovered, users can easily avoid the reappearance of this inconvenient error. Furthermore, fix this error by following the given solutions in a sequential way.
Solution 1: Stop UAC
UAC signifies “User-Account Control” that defends the system from any potential threat. However, a high setting on the UAC leads to QuickBooks Error 15106 to generate. Hence, disable the UAC by:
- Holding the “Windows + R” key simultaneously.
- Then, input “Control Panel”.
- Next, press “Enter” and choose “User-Account Control”.
- Now, tap “UAC-Settings”.
- Finally, perform “Never-Notify” by moving the slider.
Solution 2: Granting Admin Rights To QuickBooks
Admin rights are necessary for making vital configurations such as QuickBooks payroll and updates.
Hence, by granting administrative rights to QuickBooks, users can remedy the QuickBooks 15106 error. Follow these:
- First, launch “Control-Panel”.
- Next, select “User-Accounts”.
- Then, re-tap “User-Accounts”.
- Now, choose “Admin” for account type.
- Next, browse to “Desktop” and single tap “QuickBooks.exe”.
- Finally, right-tap the icon and “Run as Admin”.
Now, go ahead with updating the QuickBooks payroll or software and you’ll not receive the QB 15106 error code. If so, then you’ll need to reset QB Updates. Follow next.
Solution 3: Reset QuickBooks Updates
If your QuickBooks updates are flawed, it will cause the QuickBooks Update Error 15106 on your system. Therefore, users must reset the previous QuickBooks update and perform a new one. Here’s how:
- First, Run “QuickBooks-Desktop” and tap the item “Help”.
- Next, “Update-QuickBooks” and select “Options”.
- Then, “Mark-All” and hit “Save”.
- Finally, tap “Reset-Updates” and continue with “Get-Updates”.
Solution 4: Rename QB Update Folder After You Disable The Antivirus
At times, the update folder of QuickBooks software can become corrupt due to a virus or technical glitch. However, renaming the update folder after disabling your antivirus will rectify this fault. Perform these:
- Visit “Task-Manager” by pressing “Ctrl” “Shift” and “Esc” together.
- Click “Processes” and tap on your antivirus.
- Disable it by clicking “End-Task”.
Now, proceed to rename the QB Update folder. Follow these:
- Launch “My-Computer”.
- Access “C: drive”.
- Open the below-mentioned folders respectively:
- 1)“Program-Files”, 2)“Intuit”, 3)“QuickBooks (Year)”, 4)“Components-Folder”.
- Select “DownloadQB21 or 20” as appropriate.
- Press “F2” to rename and add “old”.
After the renaming procedure of the QuickBooks update folder gets complete, the error will disappear. If not, perform QuickBooks Clean Install tool.
Solution 5: Clean Install The QuickBooks Through Selective Startup
If the QuickBooks installation is faulty, it will cause problems in QuickBooks operating. Hence, causing the QuickBooks Error 15106 issue. Therefore, clean install your QuickBooks using selective startup by:
- Back up your valuable data files.
- Terminate any active applications.
- Hold “Windows + R”.
- Input “MSConfig” and “Enter”.
- Choose “General” and “Selective-Startup”.
- Click “Discover-Services”.
- Tap “Hide MS-Services” and “Disable All”.
- Select “Windows-Installer” and reboot the system.
Now, reinstall QuickBooks on your system appropriately and thereafter, return in “Normal-Mode” by following:
- Press “Win + R”.
- Type “MSConfig”.
- Hit “Enter”.
- Tap “General”.
- Select “Normal-Startup”.
- Hit “Ok” and do a fresh reboot.
Upon performing the clean installation of the QuickBooks Desktop, the system will be free from any QuickBooks-related issues or errors.
Solution 6: Access QuickBooks Tool Hub
Intuit introduced the QuickBooks Tool Hub for solving multiple issues and errors without the need of downloading additional tools.
One of the tools within the QuickBooks Tool-Hub is QuickFix My Program The Tool Hub consists of multiple tools and one such tool is “QuickFix My Program” that can fix the QuickBooks Error 15106 permanently. Here’s how:
- Download “QuickBooks Tool-Hub” via Intuit site.
- Launch it perform its onscreen instructions.
- After performing the installation launch the “Tool-Hub”.
- Select “Program-Issues” and thereafter, execute “QuickFix My-Program”.
Solution 7: Windows Update
An outdated Windows OS attracts malware and viruses on the system that contributes to QuickBooks 15106 Error. Hence, update your Windows by these steps:
- Launch “Control Panel”
- Visit “Windows Update”.
- Tap “Check-Updates”.
- Install any found updates.
After installing Windows Updates, initiate a reboot and look for the QuickBooks Error Code 15106.
By applying the solutions offered to you, the QuickBooks 15106 error code will be repaired in a flash. Furthermore, with the help of mentioned causes of this error, users can avoid any chances of this error reappearance.