Shab e Barat 2021 and its importance in Islam:
In the year 2021, Shab e bara will be observed on the 28th of March 2021. Shab e Barat is important in Islam since on this night, Allah decided the fate of everyone in the world. Here in this article, you can find why we celebrate Shab e Barat and history and the importance of Shab e Barat 2021.
What is Shab e Barat?
Shab-e-Barat (also termed as Shabrat, Shab Barat), is considered as the night of forgiveness. It is observed every year in the whole world on the night between the 14 and 15 of Shaban (which is a sacred month in the Islamic calendar). It is the night when Allah forgives the immoralities of everyone. And on this night He decides destinies for the coming years. This night is also known as Bara’a Night, Mid-Sha’ban, and Laylat al-Bara’at.
History of Shab e Barat:
Shab-e-Barat has not been cited directly somewhere in the Holy Quran though there are two verses that specify somewhat towards such blessed night. It is notable on account of the birthday of Mohammad-al-Mahdi. This night is celebrated by all Muslim communities however the Salafi Arabs do not rejoice this holiday. Knowing the Importance of Shab e Barat in Islam is beneficial for Muslims.
On this sacred night, a person’s life in the coming year, his nourishment, and whether or not they will have the chance to perform Hajj (pilgrimage) shall be decided. The names of the souls of all those who are born and of all those who are to leave from this world are determined.
Hadith related to Shab e Barat (Ibadat of Shab e Barat):
It is described by Hazrat Ali (RA) in which he states that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said:
“When it is the 15th night of Shaban, then observe prayer during the night and take fast during the day; for Allah descends to the heaven of the sphere as the sun sets and says: Is there anyone to search for forgiveness so that I should forgive him? Is there anyone to seek provisions so that I should provide him? Is there anyone in distress so that I may relieve him? (Ibn Majah)
From this hadith, it is concluded that a Muslim must celebrate the 15th of Shaban as a night full of blessings. It is a night where Allah Almighty comes to the earthly sky and in the night. He goes on calling on mankind to turn to Him. He asks mankind of things so that He could award them whatever they wished for and what they want to get in life. In this hadith, fazilat of Shab e Barat is also described clearly.
Superstitions about this day:
Some believe that there is an unusual Tree in heaven upon whose leaves are the names of all humans. And they believe that whatever leaves drop during this night, those people are meant to die in this year. Some think that spirits of dead people come on this night to meet their relatives. But there is no reference to these beliefs in the Quran and hadiths.
Ibadat and fasting on this day:
- There is no particular prescribed Salaah reserved for this night.
- There is no particular form of Ibadah suggested for this night.
- Fasting on the day of the 15th of Sha’ban is not verified from any Sahih Hadith.
It was the practice of Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) and the Sahaabah (R.A) to participate in any Nafl/optional prayers in their own homes. One can conclude from this that the customs and traditions customary today where people assemble on nights have no base in the Qur’an or Sunnah.
About Nawafil and prayer on Shab e Barat 2021:
The night is seen as a chance for improved ajar. It is said that praying on the night of Shab-E-Baraat takes unusual meaning. And Allah Almighty blesses the rest of the year, and our future, along with giving us a good chance of forgiveness.
You can perform the following prayer on this night of forgiveness:
- You have to make a plan for 4 rakaat, nafal, or Salatul Tasbih to gratify Allah Almighty.
- Praying 100 Nafils on the Holy night of Shab-E-Baraat with a special practice is bound to bring mercy and blessings alike.
- After performing Maghrib prayer, offer 2 rakats of Nawafil. In the first rakaat, after Surah-e-Fatiha, recount Surah-e-Ikhlas 3 times and Surah-e-Falaq at once. In the second rakaat, after Surah-e-Fatiha, recount Surah-e-Ikhlas 3 times and Surah-e-Naas at once. After Salaam, recite Surah-e-Yaseen then Dua-e-Nisf-e-Shabaan, make Dua and ask Allah to keep your Imaan.
- After Maghrib namaz, offer 2 rakaats of Nafil. Then, recite Surah-e-Yaseen once, Surah-e-Ikhlas 21 times, and Dua-e-Nisf-e-Shabaan at once.
See also when Ramadan will come in 2021