Restorative Yoga and Upavistha Konasana
We know that yoga is very important to have a healthy life. For this reason, the trend of people is increasing towards yoga. Restorative Yoga and Upavistha Konasana are two of the most important types of yoga.
Restorative Yoga – Such a form of yoga that you can easily do
Everyone wants to keep their body healthy and in this run-of-the-mill life, only through yoga, one can get a healthy body and soul peace.
But some people find it a bit difficult to do yoga, due to which they do not do it even though they have a desire to do yoga. If you also have such a problem, then you can adopt restorative yoga.
Restorative yoga is such a yoga for which you do not need to work very hard. This is very easy yoga. Which you can easily do with the items present in the house. Let us know about Restorative Yoga in detail.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India.
Leg Against Wall: This is done with the help of a pillow, in which you have to make a balance by raising your feet against the wall.
- This asana is a lying posture.
- You can also do this asana by resting the head with a pillow, the feet with a round big pillow, and the body with a blanket.
- By doing this asana, your muscles get deeply relaxed.
- It removes your stress and due to this, the whole body becomes more active.
- First of all, sit on your knees or in the posture of Vajrasana.
- Then join the heels of your feet and move them towards the bottom of the hips.
- After this tilt the body forward.
- You can use a pillow to support your upper body in case there is a lot of tension in your head and neck in this exercise.
Do the opposite:
- This asana can also be done with the help of a pillow.
- In this asana, the balance has to be made by keeping the feet on the wall.
- To do this, you can use pillows behind the waist and back.
- To do this asana, you can use a mat below and a cushion for back support.
- For this asana, lie down on the ground with your legs bent and join both your toes and bend your knees.
Benefits of restorative yoga:-
- By doing restorative yoga, fatigue and stress are removed.
- It strengthens the immune system, which helps you recover from diseases.
- This yoga practice increases strength and flexibility in the body.
- Restorative yoga increases immunity and also keeps the mind good.
- It brings balance to the body and has the power to heal the body.
- This yoga activates the parasympathetic nervous system, which gives automatic control over the body.
Upavistha Konasana – Know how to do it and its benefits
Upavistha Konasana is also known as Wide-Angle Seated Forward Bend Pose. This asana is a good starting posture for sitting, bending, and yoga twists.
As we all know that yoga is a means to improve the overall health of the body. It is believed to help connect the mind, body, and spirit. Along with this, it is also helpful in keeping away from diseases.
Today we are telling you about one such beneficial posture Upavistha Konasana. It keeps the stomach and pelvis healthy and brings strain to the groin.
By regularizing this asana, the main muscles are activated. It is helpful in curing and relieving sciatica and arthritis. So let’s know the easy way to do Upavistha Konasana and its important benefits.
Method of doing Upavistha Konasana:
- To do Upavistha Konasana, first, sit down, then spread the legs and spread the legs in such a way that they make a 90-degree angle with your pelvis.
- Keep your toes straight and bend your fingers inwards. This will make you feel a curve in your lower back. If you are not able to do it, then you can use the prop. You sit on a firm pillow, this will give stability to your pelvis and it will be easier to bend down.
- Place your palms on the floor, and keep it in such a way that it is behind your hips. Take long and deep breaths. Breathe in such a way that your body feels light and the space in the spine seems to be empty. Stay in this position for a few seconds until you feel a good stretch in your legs.
- Now support your lower back. Taking the air out of the stomach, exhale. Then slowly bring the hands towards the front.
- The longer you can breathe, the more stretch your body. You have to stretch your spine as long as you can. When you start feeling uncomfortable, hold your breath. Take long and deep breaths and try to stay in this posture for a minute.
- Then exhale and come back to normal position and Bend your knees and bring your feet together.
If you have pain in your lower back, then you sit on a blanket or a block while doing this asana.
Benefits of Upavistha Konasana:
- This asana gives a good stretch to the inner part of the feet and the back of the feet.
- By doing Upavistha Konasana, the abdominal organs are toned.
- By doing this regularly, the spine becomes strong.
- This asana helps in doing the standing posture with legs wide apart.
- Upavistha Konasana also detoxifies the kidneys and stretches your hamstrings.
- This asana relaxes your body and also provides peace to your mind.
- Restorative Yoga and Upavistha Konasana both are very beneficial for health.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn a Yoga School in Rishikesh, India