Root canal treatment. Yes, this is what we’re going to discuss all about. In this article, I am going to explain to you the root canal treatment in detail. I’ll tell you What is root canal treatment in Teeth, its advantages, disadvantages, the root canal treatment cost in Chennai, and some relevant FAQs is. So if you want to know more read the article till the end. You can also visit the best dental clinics near you or the best dental clinics in Chennai to have the best root canal treatment.
What is meant by Root Canal Treatment?
Root Canal Treatment is a procedure in which the infected pulp inside the tooth is removed, and it is filled with a dental filling, and at last, the cap is placed on the top of the filling to make the filling last long.
The main aim of performing Root Canal Treatment is to save the natural tooth from tooth extraction and restore the natural tooth.
Who performs the root canal treatment?
The Root Canal Treatment is usually performed either by dentists or endodontists. Endodontists are dentists who are well trained in diagnosing, preventing, and treating nerve-related disorders inside our teeth. However, endodontists are more specialized in performing root canal treatment. So it’ll be best if you visit an endodontist rather than a usual dentist.
What are the instances in which you feel that you may need a root canal treatment?
You may need a root canal treatment in the following instances:
- Persistent pain in the teeth may indicate that you may need a root canal treatment.
- If you have sensitivity to hot or cold, it may also suggest that you need a root canal treatment.
- Swollen gums around your teeth may also indicate that you may need a root canal treatment.
- A chipped or cracked tooth can also lead to the cause of undergoing root canal treatment.
- A discolored tooth may also indicate that you need a root canal treatment.
So these are the instance where you may need root canal treatment.
What are the advantages of undergoing root canal treatment?
Advantages of the Root Canal Treatment:
There are many advantages of root canal treatment, among which I will mention a few of them.
- One of the good advantages of root canal treatment is that it helps prevent infection to the neighboring teeth.
- It saves your teeth from painful tooth extraction treatment.
- Root canal treatment helps to stop jaw bone degeneration.
- Root canal treatment enhances the oral and overall health of a person.
So these were some of the advantages of the root canal treatment.
List out some of the problems of root canal treatment?
Problems associated with the root canal treatment are:
- Since after the root canal treatment, the tooth becomes hollow and becomes more prone to breaking and chipping.
- After the root canal treatment, the tooth darkens and can be easily identified among the other tooth.
- The failure of the root canal treatment is also one of the disadvantages of root canal treatment. It usually happens due to the lack of experience of the dentist.
So these are some of the risks involved in undergoing root canal treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Root Canal Treatment cost in Chennai:
What is the cost of the Root Canal Treatment?
Root canal treatment costs differ among various factors like locations, procedure types, dentists, dental procedures, and more.
However, the average cost of root canal treatment in Chennai is around 2000-8000 per tooth, including the crown cost.
Is it worthing having the root canal treatment?
Yes, undergoing root canal treatment is one of the best options to save your natural tooth. Even though there are several other options rather than root canal treatment, it is considered one of the best options.
Is it painful to undergo root canal treatment?
No. These days, there are no such dental treatments that are painful or uncomfortable. The dentists use local anesthesia to make their patients numb, and then they carry the treatments to avoid all sorts of discomfort and pain during the treatment.
Is the root canal treatment expensive?
Yes, root canal treatment can be expensive for some. It takes a minimum of 2000-6000 per tooth, which may not be affordable for everyone. But even though it is costly, it can be one of the best options for replacing your teeth.
How long does the root canal treatment last?
The root canal treatment can last up to 10-15 years on average, and if you want to extend the period, you have to take more appropriate care and maintain it well. However, on average, they last only up to 10-15 years.
How long does the root canal pain last?
After the root canal treatment, it is common to have mild pain or discomfort for three days and up to a week. But in case the problem persisted rush to the doctor immediately and make the necessary treatments until the pain reduces.
How long do the root canal treatments cost?
The root canal treatments take a maximum of up to 60 to 90 minutes. It is the average timing per visit. If the dentists have recommended more visits then the frequency of the timing may differ.
I hope the article was a helpful one. If you have any queries related to the article, you can ask us and we’ll answer you as soon as possible.