Looking for the methods to resolve the QuickBooks won’t open errors? In this article, we’ll discuss how to fix Quickbooks won’t open error in 2022. Before learning the methods to this issue, it is essential for you to know the basic facts about this error. This error appears on your system when you try to open QuickBooks desktop or the company files but failed. You may receive an error message that states “QuickBooks desktop won’t open or doesn’t start”.
Let’s discuss this error briefly below:-
Causes of QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open Error
Here is the list of factoring causes of QuickBooks won’t open errors. Let’s look at some of the common factors:-
- When the hard disk is corrupted.
- The company name is large.
- The operating system you use is out of date.
- If the installation of the QuickBooks desktop is wrong.
Symptoms of QB Won’t Open Error
Below are the symptoms of QuickBooks won’t open error that help you to identify the issue:-
- When the QuickBooks software is freezing or the company file of QuickBooks fails to open.
- When your windows start running slow.
- If the system starts hanging every minute.
- When your system responds slowly to inputs the keyboard and mouse.
- If you aren’t able to open the QuickBooks.
Important Points to Remember
There are some important steps to follow before using the methods to resolve:-
- Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release version.
- You have to turn off the hosting on workstations.
- The QuickBooks desktop software is suppressed.
- The company file of TLG and ND files have to rename.
- Repair your QuickBooks desktop installations.
How to fix QuickBooks won’t open error in 2022
Methods to Resolve the QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue
Now, you have to follow the below-mentioned methods to troubleshoot this issue after knowing all the other important things. Follow the steps correctly to learn how to fix Quickbooks won’t open error in 2022
Method 1- Run Quick Fix My Program
Step 1- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Initially, close the QuickBooks.
- You have to download the QuickBooks tool hub from the official site of Intuit.
- Then, save the file where you can access it easily.
- Now, open the downloaded file and follow all the instructions that appear on your screen, and agree with all the terms and conditions.
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks by clicking on its icon.
Step 2- Run Quick Fix My Program
- When the tool hub is downloaded then you have to run the Quick Fix My Program.
- Then, choose the program problem option.
- Select the quick fix my program option.
- Finally, you have to select the start QuickBooks desktop and open the data file.
Method 2- Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Then, go to the installation issue tab.
- Now, select QuickBooks to install the diagnostic tool and run it.
- When the tool task is completed then restart your system.
- Lastly, when QuickBooks open then start the data file.
Method 3- Open Company File from Different Location
The location of the company file gets damaged and missing, which leads to this error. So, follow the below-mentioned process:-
- Initially, press and hold the Windows+E key.
- Search for the data file with the extension of .qbw file extensions. The file location on a network server, that needs to browse to a network drive on which the file is located.
- Then click on the copy and locate the C: drive and make a new folder and name that QBTEST.
- Now, open the new QBTEST folder and past the company files.
- Open the QuickBooks and then hold the Ctrl button.
- Press the open or restore an existing company and examine the C:\QBTEST folder.
- Lastly, you have to open the company file that is copied in the QBTEST folder.
Method 4- Create New Window Admin User
- First of all, click on the control panel and go through it.
- Then, click on the user account then manage user tab and then click on the add tab.
- After that, enter the name and domain of the admin and tap on the OK button.
- If you are using Windows 10 then select the administrator.
- Lastly, click on the finish, which directs to the user accounts dialog box, and tap on Ok.
Method 5- Close the Process of QBW32.exe
- You have to click on the window taskbar and choose the start taskbar to close the QBW32.exe process.
- Then, click on the process tab and tap on the image name.
- Now, search and select the exe.
- Finally, hit the end process option to close the exe process.
Method 6- QBWUSER.INI file rename
- Firstly, access the folder of the ini file that was saved.
- Then, click on the QBWUSER.INI file and choose the rename.
- Now, enter in Insert.old in the last file name and change the ecml.file name.
Method 7- QuickBooks Desktop Installation Suppressing
- Firstly, right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Press the Ctrl key and select the open tab. Hold the Ctrl key till No company opens the window display on the screen.
- Now open the QuickBooks desktop.
In this article, we discuss Resolving QuickBooks Won’t Open Error Latest 2022 Methods. We hope that all the methods mentioned above will help you to fix all the issues that occur on your system. If you want to know or facing any other error then check out our other posts also.
See also QuickBooks Error 15106
Download Yesmovies App to watch exciting movies for free