What is the definition of an eclipse?
It is a muddying of the light from one heavenly body by the passage of another between it and the observer or between it and its source of illumination. A lunar and solar eclipse occurs as a result of variation in the position of the moon and earth. Here in this article, you’ll find details about How does Lunar and solar eclipse occur?
Types in Astrology:
In astrology, it has mainly two different types i.e. Lunar and solar eclipse.
How does Lunar and solar eclipse occur?
It takes place when the disk of the moon seems to cross in front of the disk of the sun.
It happens when a portion of the Earth is overcome in a shadow cast by the Moon which partly or fully blocks the light of the sun. This happens when the Sun, natural satellite, and Earth are bringing into line. Such alignment corresponds with a new moon indicating the Moon is closest to the ecliptic plane.
Types of Solar eclipse:
There are mainly four different types. These are as follows:
Total Solar Eclipse:
- If the Moon were impeccably in a circular orbit and is a little closer to the Earth or in a similar orbital plane.
- This is rare since the timing of the new moon within the eclipse season wants to be more exact for an alignment between the observer (on Earth) and the centers of the Sun and Moon
Partial Solar eclipse:
- In this category, the moon does not totally hide the sun surface or photosphere so that some straight rays of sunlight reach the observer
- During this event, the Moon, the Sun, and Earth don’t align in a seamlessly straight line, and the Moon casts only the outer part of its shadow, the penumbra, on Earth.
Annular Solar eclipsee:
- It occurs when the Moon shields the Sun’s center, leaving the Sun’s outer edges visible to form a “ring of fire” or annulus around the Moon. The ring formed is characteristic “ring of fire”. The ring of fire symbolizes the extreme stage of an annular solar eclipse.
- A natural satellite is further away from the Earth during an Annularas related to a Total Eclipse.
Religious Views about the solar eclipse:
According to Hindu myths, these are bad signs, as they reflect the revenge of Rahu. Temples will be closed, and specialists will do certain practices, such as fasting and mantras.
In the Shikshãpatri, Bhagwan Swaminarayan says:
At the time, promptly stop all activities and chant the name of God in a purified state. After this, householders should bathe with the clothes they are wearing and then make donations conferring to their means. (Shik 86/87)
There is no wide-ranging agreement on how people of the Christian faith interpret this eclipse, as interpretations range from viewing it as a sign of Jesus’ return to a warning for the United States.
Muslims identify it as a sign of the magnificence and power of Allah, and therefore they are humble before Him. Instead of viewing it as a bad sign, they view it as a reminder of Allah and of the Day of Judgment. There are many prayers that can be done in the congregation during the eclipse.
As Quran says;
“Allah is the one, who made the sun/satellite, and all the stars which are under Allah’s instruction.” Qur’an 7:54s
Biological effects on Human beings:
- According to spiritual research, the total eclipse of the sun can cause feelings of sickness or tiredness.
- It’s also not directed to make big decisions during this time period for the reason of the impact it can have on your mood.
It takes place when Earth’s shadow blocks the sun’s light, which else reflects off the moon.
It takes place when the Moon passes straight behind Earth and into its shadow. This can happen only when the Sun, moon, and earth are very close or exactly line up, with Earth between the other two. A lunar eclipse can take place only on the night of a full moon. This is how does a lunar and solar eclipse occur.
There are mainly three types:
Total lunar eclipse (why it is called the blue moon?):
During it, Earth totally blocks straight sunlight from reaching the Moon. The only light imitated from the lunar surface has been refracted by Earth’s atmosphere. This light seems reddish for the same reason that a sunset or sunrise does: the Rayleigh scattering of bluer light. Due to this reddish color, it is occasionally called a blood moon.
Partial lunar eclipse:
It takes place when the Earth moves between the Sun and Moon but the three heavenly bodies do not form a straight line in space. When that occurs, a small part of the Moon’s surface is enclosed by the darkest, the central part of the Earth’s shadow, called the umbra.
Prenumbral lunar eclipse:
It takes place when the Sun, Earth, and the Moon are not perfectly aligned. When this occurs, the Earth blocks some of the Sun’s light from directly reaching the Moon’s surface and covers all or part of the Moon with the outer part of its shadow also termed as the penumbra.
Religious beliefs on Lunar eclipse:
Following are some religious beliefs:
- Don’t use mobile night,
- Don’t go out
- Shower after this event
- Don’t plan any decent tasks to do at that time
- Don’t sleep
- Follow as astrologer tells
- Don’t watch horror or devil movies
- Don’t count cash
- Watch religious videos
- Don’t eat non-vegetarian food
And so on………
Selenelion (Horizontal eclipse):
A selenelion or selenehelion happens when both the Sun and an eclipsed Moon can be perceived at the same time. This can happen only just after sunrise or just before sunset when both bodies will seem just above the horizon at nearly opposite points in the sky. This procedure has led to the spectacle being also called a horizontal eclipse.
Is an eclipse bad for a pregnant woman?
While there is nothing to back the confirmation that an eclipse or any such event is bad for pregnancy, the fear is deep-rooted in so many cultures and families where it is also referred to as a bad omen. So, people don’t advise or praise stepping out of the home premises fearing ill-effects. Staying indoors is not a problem but one should also know that if a pregnant woman cannot evade staying indoors during the eclipse it doesn’t mean that somewhat bad will happen with the baby. The child will still be born fit and hearty and the mother-to-be will be well too.
Precautionary measures a pregnant woman do:
Though, here are some wide-ranging precautionary measures pregnant women can still practice for the safety of their own health and amity of mind of their family members:
-Staying indoors and receiving plenty of rest
-Not using sharp substances or involving in risky activities.
-Not observing a fast which could compromise on their health
We hope you found much detail about the Lunar and solar eclipse and their types.
See also How to maintain children’s mental health.